Airport Pass Application
1. Who is eligible to apply for an Airport Pass?
Registered tenants of Changi Airport Group or companies with operational business interest at Changi Airport are eligible to apply for an Airport Pass.
2. I am not a Changi Airport tenant but I have an existing contract with a Changi Airport Tenant (e.g. SATS). Can I apply for an Airport Pass?
Yes, the authorised signatory of Changi Airport tenant (who will be the sponsor) will have to submit the following information of the contractor before any application can be done online: company name, address, telephone number, contract period, nature of work and access area.
3. I am a foreigner and I don’t have a work permit. Can I apply for an Airport Pass to work in the restricted area?
No, an Airport Pass can only be issued to the applicants on the condition that they satisfy the requisite immigration, employment and/or other statutory requirements.
4. I had previously committed a criminal offence. Am I still eligible for an Airport Pass?
Individual applications for an Airport Pass will be assessed on a case-by-case basis; assessment criterion is strictly confidential. Please submit your application online and we will revert on your application status.
5. How long must I wait to get my Seasonal Airport Pass?
You will receive an auto-generated email if your application is approved. You will be able to collect your Airport Pass within 10 – 14 working days.
6. Which restricted areas should I choose during my Airport Pass application?
The restricted areas should be chosen based on the ‘need to go’ to perform your official duties or business. Any unauthorised area/s applied for will result in the application being rejected.
7. I missed the appointment to collect my Airport Pass. Can I still collect my Airport Pass?
Yes, approved applications will be held for 1 month. You will need a company letter stating your employment status to arrange a new appointment. If you are unable to collect your Pass within a month of the original appointment, the application will be void and you will have to submit a new application online.
8. On the day of appointment, can I authorise someone to collect the Airport Pass on my behalf?
No. We will need to enroll your fingerprint and take your photo before you can collect your Airport Pass.
9. How do I know if my Airport Pass application is approved?
You will receive an auto-generated email if your application is approved. This email will indicate the appointment date for your photo-taking and collection of the Airport Pass.
10. On the day of photo taking and to collect my Airport Pass, what must I produce?
You need to produce your NRIC/FIN card or Employment Pass with Passport, payment receipt of Airport Pass and appointment letter for our verification. You will also need to produce your company pass or an official letter (original) from your company to certify your employment status. We will then enroll your fingerprint and take your photo before you can collect your Airport Pass. In addition, those who are applying for the Departure Transit and Arrival Transit access need to bring along the Service Quality Certification letter and the Apron access need to bring along the Airside Safety Induction Briefing certificate.
11. If my company is a new setup in Singapore Changi Airport premises, is there any other document that I should produce?
You are required to produce:
- Tenancy contract stating the validity period.
- The nature of duty and the area that you need to access.
12. What is the maximum validity for the Seasonal Airport Pass?
The maximum validity of the Seasonal Airport Pass is 3 years. However the validity of your Airport Pass is dependent on your company’s tenancy/contract. It will also depend on the validity of the work permit/employment pass, if applicable.
13. How many days in advance must I submit my Visitor Airport Pass application?
All applications for Visitor Airport Pass must be submitted (after certification and submission by Authorised Signatory) in advance with at least:
- 7 working days for ‘Apron’ ‘Control Tower’ ’VIP Complex’
- 5 working days for ‘Dept Transit’ & ’Arrival Transit’.
14. Can I apply a Visitor Pass with 6 months’ validity?
No. The maximum validity for Visitor Pass application is 3 months. However this is subject to your company’s tenancy/contract.
15. Who is eligible to apply for the Changi Airfreight Centre (CAC) Self-Sponsored Seasonal Airport Pass?
Visitors to CAC that satisfy the following criteria will be eligible to apply for the CAC Self-Sponsored Seasonal Airport Pass:
- Have business dealings with CAC tenant(s);
- Access into CAC at least 3 times a week to perform official duties;
- Not sponsored by any CAC tenant for Seasonal or Visitor Airport Pass
16. How can I apply for the CAC Self-Sponsored Seasonal Airport Pass?
The application of the CAC Self-Sponsored Seasonal Airport Pass is by invitation only. Changi Airport Group will identify eligible applicants for the CAC Self-Sponsored Seasonal Airport Pass and invite them to apply for the CAC Self-Sponsored Seasonal Airport Pass.
17. My company is currently sponsoring our contractors for Seasonal Airport Passes. Can my company relinquish our sponsorship for the contractor to apply for the CAC Seasonal Airport Pass?
No. The CAC Self-Sponsored Seasonal Airport Pass is by invitation only and is meant for visitors that do not have sponsorships with CAC tenants. Companies that are sponsored by a CAC tenant for Seasonal Airport Passes will continue to apply their Seasonal Airport Passes through their sponsor.
18. My company is currently sponsoring our contractors for Seasonal Airport Passes. Can my company relinquish our sponsorship for the contractor to apply for the CAC Seasonal Airport Pass?
No. Companies that are sponsoring Seasonal Airport Passes for their contractors will continue to sponsor their Seasonal Airport Passes. This is to ensure that CAC Tenants maintain oversight of their contracted transporters or long term business partners who need to access CAC frequently.
19. I lost my Airport Pass. What should I do?
You should immediately lodge a police report, and also inform the Airport Pass Office. Your airport pass will be suspended to prevent misuse. Your company should apply for the visitor pass online if you are required to work in the restricted area.
20. Where should I lodge the police report for my lost Airport Pass?
You may lodge the police report at Airport Police Division or any nearest Police establishments.
21. What should I do if I need to replace my lost Airport Pass?
You can proceed to the Airport Pass Office with your police report, before your company can resubmit a new Airport Pass application for you. Once the letter has been approved, you will be given an appointment date for the replacement of your Airport Pass.
22. How long must I wait for the replacement of my lost Airport Pass?
Upon receipt of your application, you will be able to collect the replacement of your lost Airport pass within 10 – 14 working days.
23. Why do I have to wait 10 – 14 working days for the replacement of my lost Airport Pass?
There are some backend processes to be completed before we can approve your application for the lost pass replacement. However if you need to enter the restricted areas to perform your duties during this period, your company may apply for a Visitor Airport Pass online. Approval will be on a case-to-case basis.
24. My lost Airport Pass was found before the date of appointment. What should I do?
You can proceed to our Airport Pass Office to cancel your replacement Airport Pass appointment and reinstate your existing Airport Pass.
25. My lost Airport Pass was found after I got my replacement. Can I keep it as a spare Airport Pass?
No. You should return the found Airport Pass to the Airport Pass Office immediately. It is an offence to retain an additional Airport Pass without authorisation.
26. How much must I pay for the replacement of my lost Airport Pass?
You are required to pay a replacement fee of $32.10 (inclusive of GST).
27. My Airport Pass has cracked/damaged. Can I continue to use it?
No. You should proceed to Airport Pass Office to get a replacement for your cracked/damaged Airport Pass.
28. What documents should I bring if I need a replacement for my damaged Airport Pass?
You should bring along your NRIC/FIN or Employment Pass with Passport, the damaged Airport Pass and company letter stating your employment status.
29. What is the charge for the replacement of my damaged Airport Pass?
You need to pay a replacement fee of $5.35 (inclusive of GST).
30. The expiry date on my Airport Pass states May 2010. When should I renew my Airport Pass?
You should renew your Airport Pass 1 month before the month of expiry stated on your Airport Pass.
31. My Airport pass has expired. Can I keep it?
No. You should return your expired Airport Pass to your employer or Airport Pass Office.
32. What are the charges for an Airport Pass?
Seasonal Airport Pass with 4 months validity - $4.28
Seasonal Airport Pass with 1 year validity - $7.49
Seasonal Airport Pass with 2 year validity - $10.70
Seasonal Airport Pass with 3 year validity - $14.98
The above charges are inclusive of GST.
33. How do I pay for my Airport Pass?
You may make payment for your Airport Pass at any AXS machine. For your convenience, there are AXS machines located in the Airport Pass Office.
34. Can I pay for Airport Pass using cash or credit card?
No. You can only make payment for your Airport Pass using NETS through the AXS machines.
35. Where is the Airport Pass Office located?
The Airport Pass Office is located at #B16-006-05 at the Basement Level of Changi Airport Terminal 2.
36. Which bus service number can I take to the Airport Pass Office?
Bus service nos: 24, 27, 34, 36, 53, and 858.
37. What are the operating hours for the Airport Pass Office?
Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm*
Saturday: 8.30am to 12.30pm*
Sunday & Public Holiday: Closed
* Refers to the time the last queue numbers will be issued.
38. What is the Hotline to call if I have more Airport Pass queries?
For queries on the issuance of Airport Passes or to provide feedbacks on the Airport Pass Office, you may contact the Airport Pass Office via the following channels:
Hotlines: 6214 1565 or 6214 1631
Fax: 6214 1694
39. Can I pass my Airport Pass to my friend to use because he is replacing me for work today?
No. The Airport Pass is not transferable. Any unauthorised possession or transfer of the Airport Pass to another person is an offence.
40. My spouse is arriving from overseas. Can I use my Airport Pass to receive him or her in the restricted areas?
No. The Airport Pass issued to you is for the performance of official duties or business only.
41. I don’t like the photograph on my Airport Pass. Can I paste my personal photo on my Airport Pass?
No. You are not allowed to paste your photo on the Airport Pass. Any unauthorised alteration of the Airport Pass is an offence.
42. Do I need to display my Airport Pass when I am working in the restricted areas of Changi Airport?
Yes. The Airport Pass is to be worn conspicuously at all times whilst in the restricted areas of Changi Airport.