If you have a boarding pass for your connecting Flight
Check your flight number at the Flight Information Displays for the departure gate and time and proceed to the terminal/gate where your next flight will depart. Please arrive at your departure gate at least 30 mins before the departure time as gates close 10 minutes before departure time.
If you do not have a boarding pass for your connecting Flight
Please proceed to the respective locations indicated in the table below to get your boarding pass for your next flight:
|Delta Airlines||Transfer Lounge D, Terminal 1|
|Jetstar Airways International*|
*For transfer passengers on Air France, KLM-Royal Dutch Airlines, Emirates, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Jet Airways or Qantas Airways
|Transfer Lounge C, Terminal 1|
|All other Terminal 1 Airlines||Transfer Lounge C or D, Terminal 1|
All Nippon Airways
Lufthansa German Airlines
Royal Brunei Airlines
Scoot Airlines (for passengers who purchased Scoot Thru)
Tiger Airways (for passengers with connections of less than 8 hours, or passengers who purchased Tiger Connect)
|Transfer Lounge E, Terminal 2|
|Transfer Lounge E or F, Terminal 2|
|Qatar Airways||Transfer Lounge A, Terminal 3|
|China Eastern Airlines|
Saudi Arabian Airlines
|Transfer Lounge B, Terminal 3|
|Garuda Indonesia Airways|
Saudi Arabian Airlines
|Transfer Lounge A or B, Terminal 3|
If your connecting flight is on a budget airline
For passengers on Air France, KLM-Royal Dutch Airlines or Qantas Airways flights transferring onto Jetstar Asia, Jetstar International or Valuair flights, or vice versa, kindly proceed to Transfer C, Terminal 1 to check-in for your flight.
For passengers travelling on other flights connecting to other airlines as indicated below:
|Departure Check-In Hall, Terminal 1|
|Air India Express|
Cebu Pacific Air
Scoot Airlines (for passengers who did not purchase Scoot Thru)
Tiger Airways (for passengers with connections of 8 hours or longer and did not purchase Tiger Connect)
|Departure Check-In Hall, Terminal 2|
Kindly proceed to clear Arrival Immigration, collect your baggage (if any) and clear Customs before checking-in at the respective terminal for your connecting flight. Passengers are reminded to ensure that they have the necessary valid travel documents (passport, Visa etc) to clear Arrival Immigration into Singapore. You may visit the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority for more information on entry requirements into Singapore.
Changi Transit Programme
The Changi Transit Programme (CTP) was first launched in October 2011, in partnership with Singapore Airlines (SIA) and SilkAir. Passengers of both airlines each receives a $20 Changi Dollar Voucher (CDV) that can be used for shopping, dining or pay-per-use lounge access at Changi Airport. The programme is now into its second run from 1 October 2012 to 31 March 2014.
As part of a special booster campaign until 31 March 2014, SIA and SilkAir passengers originating from selected markets (Australia, Mainland China, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom) and travel via Changi Airport would receive a $40 CDV. Passengers from all other markets will receive a $20 CDV.
Points to note
- To qualify for the redemption of vouchers through the CTP, passengers must be on transit in Singapore, which means Singapore is neither the point of origin not the end destination.
- Passengers must be travelling on flights operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir both in and out of Singapore, bearing e-ticket numbers starting with 618 or 629.
- Changi Dollar Vouchers can only be claimed once, on either leg of the passenger's itinerary. e.g. If a passenger is travelling through Singapore from Sydney to Beijing, he can claim his $40 CDVs either upon his arrival in Singapore from Sydney OR upon his arrival in Singapore back from Beijing.
- To redeem the vouchers, passengers in transit only need to visit the iShopChangi Collection Centres which are situated near the GST Refund counters in the transit areas of Terminals 2 and 3 and present their passport, e-ticket showing their full itinerary and boarding passes. The iShopChangi Collection Centres are open for 24 hours.
Changi Dollar Vouchers are valid from the date of issue to 31 March 2014 and are not accepted at the following outlets:
|Public Area||Transit Area|
|All Money-Changing counters||All Cheers outlets|
|All Hotel Reservation counters||All 7-11 outlets|
|All Avis Car Rental counters||All Money-Changing Counters|
|All Hertz Car Rental counters||Hermes|
(Terminals 1, 2 & 3)
|All M1 Shop outlet and counters||Left Baggage Counters|
(Terminals 2 & 3)
|All Passenger Meeting Services counters||SATS Rainforest Lounge|
|All 7-11 outlets|
|All NTUC & Cheers outlets|
Changi Connects, offered by Changi Airport in conjunction with participating airlines, offers passengers a hassle free experience when transferring to and from budget airlines.
- No need to clear immigration – Stay in the transit area to enjoy the facilities
- No need to retrieve your luggage – Checked-in luggage is automatically transferred once you collect your boarding pass at the transfer counter
- No need for a visa to enter Singapore
Changi Connects is available when booking your tickets online, or over-the-counter at Transfer Lounge E upon arrival. Do note that the service is chargeable.
For more information, please visit the websites of participating airlines