If you have a boarding pass for your connecting Flight
Check your flight number at the Flight Information Displays for the departure gate and time and proceed to the terminal/gate where your next flight will depart. Please arrive at your departure gate at least 30 mins before the departure time as gates close 10 minutes before departure time.
If you do not have a boarding pass for your connecting Flight
Please proceed to the respective locations indicated in the table below to get your boarding pass for your next flight:
Cathay Pacific Airways
Drukair (for transfer passengers on Asiana Airlines, Thai Airways Interntational
|Transfer Lounge D, Terminal 1|
|Jetstar Airways International*|
*For transfer passengers on Air France, KLM-Royal Dutch Airlines, Emirates, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Jet Airways or Qantas Airways
|Transfer Lounge C, Terminal 1|
|All other Terminal 1 Airlines||Transfer Lounge C or D, Terminal 1|
All Nippon Airways
Lufthansa German Airlines
Royal Brunei Airlines
Scoot (for passengers who purchased Scoot Thru)
Tigerair (for passengers with connections of less than 8 hours, or passengers who purchased Tiger Connect)
|Transfer Lounge E, Terminal 2|
|Transfer Lounge E or F, Terminal 2|
|Qatar Airways||Transfer Lounge A, Terminal 3|
China Eastern Airlines
Saudi Arabian Airlines
|Transfer Lounge B, Terminal 3|
|Garuda Indonesia Airways|
|Transfer Lounge A or B, Terminal 3|
If your connecting flight is on a budget airline
For passengers on Air France, KLM-Royal Dutch Airlines or Qantas Airways flights transferring onto Jetstar Asia, Jetstar International or Valuair flights, or vice versa, kindly proceed to Transfer C, Terminal 1 to check-in for your flight.
For passengers travelling on other flights connecting to other airlines as indicated below:
|Departure Check-In Hall, Terminal 1|
|Air India Express|
Cebu Pacific Air
Scoot (for passengers who did not purchase Scoot Thru)
Tigerair (for passengers with connections of 8 hours or longer and did not purchase Tiger Connect)
|Departure Check-In Hall, Terminal 2|
|Departure Check-In Hall, Terminal 3|
Kindly proceed to clear Arrival Immigration, collect your baggage (if any) and clear Customs before checking-in at the respective terminal for your connecting flight. Passengers are reminded to ensure that they have the necessary valid travel documents (passport, Visa etc) to clear Arrival Immigration into Singapore. You may visit the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority for more information on entry requirements into Singapore.
Changi Transit Programme
Your transit experience in Singapore is now more rewarding. Redeem a S$20 Changi Dollar Voucher (CDV) when you transit through Changi Airport on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Singapore Airlines or SilkAir customers who are on transit at Changi Airport.
- Passengers must be on transit in Singapore, which means Singapore, is neither the point of origin nor the end destination.
- e.g. A passenger whose itinerary is “Sydney – Singapore – Mumbai” would be eligible but a passenger whose itinerary is “Sydney – Singapore – Sydney” would not be eligible.
- Passengers must be travelling on flights operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir for their entire journey both in and out of Singapore, bearing e-ticket numbers starting with 618 or 629.
- CDVs can only be claimed once, on either leg of the passenger's itinerary.
- e.g. If a passenger is travelling through Singapore from Jakarta to Paris, he can claim his $20 CDV either upon his arrival in Singapore from Jakarta OR upon his arrival in Singapore back from Paris.
- CDVs will only be issued to passengers in transit within 24 hours at Changi Airport. This is calculated from the Scheduled Time of Arrival (STA) of the arriving flight to Changi Airport to the Scheduled Time of Departure (STD) of the connecting departure flight out of Changi Airport.
- CDVs will be issued to passengers in transit as long as 1 leg of their transit duration is within 24 hours at Changi Airport.
- For passengers whose transit (through Singapore) itinerary was issued over two separate e-tickets, please present the two e-tickets to the iShopChangi Collection Centre located within the transit areas of Terminals 2 and 3. Voucher redemption is subject to the terms & conditions stated below.
WHERE TO REDEEM THE VOUCHERS?
To redeem the CDVs, passengers in transit can proceed to the iShopChangi Collection Centres which are situated near the GST Refund counters in the transit areas of Terminals 2 and 3 and present their passport, boarding passes and e-ticket showing their full itinerary. The iShopChangi Collection Centres are open for 24 hours.
WHERE TO USE THE VOUCHERS?
The CDVs are valid for one-time use at all retail, food and service outlets located at the transit and public areas excluding outlets indicated in the Exclusion List. They can also be redeemed for one-time access to Ambassador Lounge at Terminals 2 and 3 for up to two hours per $20 CDV. Lounge usage includes showers with basic toiletries, light refreshments, free flow international reading materials, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi.
|Public Area||Transit Area|
|All Hotel Reservation counters||Hermes (Terminals 1, 2 & 3)|
|All Avis Car Rental counters||Left Baggage Counters (Terminals 2 & 3)|
|All Hertz Car Rental counters||SATS Rainforest Lounge (Terminal 1)|
|All 7-11 outlets|
|All NTUC & Cheers outlets|
|All Money-Changing Counters|
OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Only effective for transit passengers with e-tickets issued on 01 October 2012 – 30 September 2014, both dates inclusive.
- Only effective for transit passengers whose departure dates from point of origin is between 01 July 2013 and 30 September 2014.
- Multiple CDVs may be used for payment.
- CDVs may not be used with ongoing in-store promotions.
- CDVs can be used in conjunction with Singapore Airlines Boarding Pass Privileges.
- CDVs will be issued while stocks last.
- CDVs are valid for use from the date of issue to 31 March 2015.
- CDVs will only be issued to transit passengers for their current trip only. Retrospective claims for past trips will not be entertained.