Restricted Baggage Items
There are international safety measures to protect you and your loved ones when travelling. It is important to comply with these measures, as failure to do so could endanger the safety of all passengers on board the aircraft. It is also an offence if you fail to comply with them.
WHAT IS PROHIBITED ON BOARD AN AIRCRAFT?
Generally, you must not take on board:
- Firearms of any type including replicas or toys
- Explosives including fireworks, flares, toy gun caps
- Gases including compressed gas cylinders, tear gas, mace, pepper sprays, household aerosols
- Flammable materials including petrol, lighter fuel, paint, thinners, non-safety matches, fire lighters, flammable glue
- Poisons including weed killers, pesticides, insecticides
- Corrosive substances including batteries, mercury, drain cleaners
- Other dangerous goods such as magnetised or radioactive material, toxic or infectious substances like laboratory diagnostic samples
WHAT IS ALLOWED IN HAND-CARRY OR CHECKED LUGGAGE?
- Hydrocarbon gas-powered hair curlers (limited to no more than one per person), provided the safety cover is securely fitted at all times over the heating element. Separate gas refills for such curlers are not permitted
- Safety matches or lighters only when carried on the person (the lighter can contain only absorbed liquid or liquefied gas fuel). Refills are not permitted
- Battery-powered wheelchairs as checked luggage only - but contact your airline in advance to check whether special conditions apply
- Guidelines apply to Liquids, Aerosols and Gels in hand-carried luggage. Please refer to Guidelines for Liquids, Aerosols and Gels hand-carried luggage for more information. If in doubt, do ask your airline staff for advice before your flight.
For further details, please refer to www.caas.gov.sg/carriage_of_items