Like many organisations, we hold and process a wide range of information, some of which relate to individuals who apply to work for us or who are working for us. This notice explains how we process the personal data of individuals applying for employment or a scholarship with us. By submitting a job or scholarship application to us, you warrant that you have read and understood this Policy.
1. What will we collect?
To process your job or scholarship application, Changi Airport Group (S) Pte Ltd (“CAG”) will need to collect information containing personal data about you, such as your official name, biographical and contact information, language proficiency, professional memberships/certifications, scholarships/awards, National Service (NS), education, CCA (Co-Curricular Activities) and job history. We do not require your national identification number unless you are offered employment or a scholarship with us.
2. Where will we collect information about you?
In addition to the information you provide in your job or scholarship application and curriculum vitae, CAG may also collect information through other sources for processing and evaluating your job or scholarship application.
3. What will we use the information for?
The information held by CAG relating to you will be kept confidential, under secure conditions, and disposed of when the information has served its purpose. We will use the information we collect about you for:
- Facilitating the evaluation and processing of your job or scholarship application;
- Job or scholarship interviews;
- Conducting reference and other background checks;
- Contacting you on alternative/future job opportunities and the outcome of your job or scholarship application;
- Fulfilling regulatory reporting or disclosure requirements;
- If your application is successful, administrating your employment or scholarship; and
- Dealing with any matter which may arise in connection with your application.
In the event that you are offered employment or a scholarship with CAG, we will use your information for other purposes stated in our letter of appointment, letter of offer or scholarship agreement.
4. Who will you give my information to?
Where necessary, CAG may provide your information to Ministries, public agencies, statutory boards or similar organisations. CAG may also provide and/or transfer your information, whether in Singapore or elsewhere, to other companies within the CAG Group and any third-party service provider who provides administrating, data processing, IT or other services to CAG.
5. How do I know my information is safe?
Your information will be kept confidential and stored under secure conditions. We will dispose of your personal information within a reasonable time if continued storage no longer serves any relevant purpose such as regulatory or auditing requirements.
6. Anything else I need to know about?
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you supply to CAG is correct and true. Where you provide information about another person to CAG, you are also responsible for making sure that you have valid authority to do so. To maximise your opportunities to work with CAG, you are required to keep your information up to date at all times.
7. What if I change my mind or have additional questions?
You can withdraw your consent anytime. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to speak with our Data Protection Officer, please write to email@example.com.
Updated as of 30 May 2020.