Supporting one of the world's busiest airports for international air cargo are dedicated developments that are built with a bright future in mind.
- Over 70 hectares of Free Trade Zone
- 3 million tonnes of annual handling space
- Over 100,000sqm of warehouse and office space
- 2 runways, each 4km in length
- 14 dedicated freighter parking bays
- Over 30 remote bays
- A380 and B747-8s ready
- 24 / 7 operations
- Round-the-clock efficient customs operations
- 2 dedicated cool chain handling facilities
Changi Airfreight Centre
With Airfreight operations consolidated here, a 24-hour Free Trade Zone allows transshipment cargo to be broken down and reconsolidated with minimal customs formalities.
Non-stop operations in Changi Airfreight Centre (CAC)
Airfreight operations at Changi Airport are centred at the Changi Airfreight Centre (CAC), a 24-hour Free Trade Zone where transshipment cargo can be broken down and reconsolidated with minimal Customs formalities. Within the 47-hectare Free Trade Zone, there are eight airfreight terminals (AFT) with two dedicated Express Hubs to accommodate time-definite shipments. With a capacity of 125,000 sqm of office and warehouse space and 14 freighter parking bays capable of holding the largest freighters, CAC offers efficient and hassle-free transfer and clearance of goods. The CAC is a protected area and access into the CAC is controlled by the airport pass system.
8 airfreight terminals
With a combined handling capacity of 3 million tonnes of cargo per annum, the airfreight terminals (AFTs) are equipped with state-of-the-art material handling systems to ensure the efficient handling of cargo. Operated by two ground handling agents, SATS and dnata have specialised capabilities, well-trained staff and facilities to handle and store niche cargo such as dangerous goods, perishables, animals, aerospace parts and valuables.
Home to 4 Major Express Players
Changi Airport is home to 4 major express players – DHL Express; FedEx Express; TNT Express and UPS.
Features of their on-airport hubs in the Free Trade Zone include:
- Direct access to the airside and freighter parking stands for sorting and turnaround of goods;
- Tax-free transshipments within the Free Trade Zone;
- Operate own or partner freighter airlines, as well as leverage on the excellent connectivity provided by other commercial airlines operating in Singapore, to extend their reach
24* freighter parking bays
24* freighter parking bays front the airfreight terminals providing ample capacity to accomodate even the largest freighter aircraft - the B747-8Fs. Additionally, more than 30 remote stands help to cater to additional demands when needed.
* 10 to be ready by end 2016.
One-stop location for efficiency
We pride ourselves highly on efficiency in our cargo operations. An Airmail Transit Centre, as well as Quarantine Centre for the inspection of imported animals and plants ensures that we provide a one-stop location to clear most, if not all types of cargo. A 24-hour Customs Checkpoint ensures that our airport never sleeps, with round-the-clock operations to ensure your cargo is safe with us.
4 cargo agent buildings
Cargo Agent Buildings C, D, E and Megaplex provides a total of 125,000 sqm of office and warehouse space for all your needs. With sufficient space, export cargo can be sorted, packed, loaded on aircraft smoothly with no interruptions, while import cargo can be collected, broken down and cleared through Customs all within a short span of time.
In addition, the Megaplex is designed with an innovative flow-through concept, with efficiency gains in cargo processing time. Waiting times are reduced, traffic is much smoother with two accessible open sides for trucks, as well as for dollies.
Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS)
Over 26 hectares of total land space, global shipping and third-party logistics companies gain unique opportunities to establish Regional Distribution Centres within the airport Free Trade Zone.
Regional Distribution Centres for logistics companies
Located within the Free Trade Zone, global shipping and third-party logistics companies have an unique opportunity to establish a Regional Distribution Centre that have comparative advantage over other airports in the region.
Offering unparalleled convenience, the Airport Logistics Park of Singapore allows a hassle-free, seamless connection to the Changi Airfreight Centre (CAC) - ensuring that your goods, reach on time. Most of all, this means reductions in your handling costs, and cycle time.
Leading global third-party logistics companies (3PLs) with sizeable facilities ensure that your cargo, will always have a high level of support.
3PLs with sizeable facilities in ALPS include:
- Expeditors International
- Kuehne & Nagel
- DB Schenker
- Menlo Worldwide
- Nippon Express
- and Others
Dedicated cargo handling facilities & Innovative service offerings
To suit the specialised needs of niche markets, Changi Airport has introduced a number of offerings that differentiates us from the rest.
- 24/7 operation in a 8,000m2 handling facility
- Annual operating capacity of 250,000 tonnes
- 3-storey ULD storage with 200 pallet positions and 12 land-side truck docks
- 18 cold rooms with 4 temperature zones ranging from -28 °C to 25 °C
- Certified World’s first Centre of Excellence for Independent Validators in Pharmaceutical Handling by IATA
A first in Asia, the Singapore Freeport is an ultra-high secure storage facility in Asia. Dedicated to storing high-value fine art and collectibles, it is also one of the world's largest facility located in a free trade zone.
- 24/7 operation in a 1,400m2 handling facility
- Annual handling capacity of 75,000 tonnes
- 14 modular cold storage area for loose/pallet cargo, each with its dedicated climate control capability
- Temperature controls in individual room ranging from -25°C to 25°C
- Halal certified by The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (MUIS) and is gearing up for GDP Certification and IATA CEIV certification by end 2016
- S$140 million facility located within Changi Airfreight Centre
- Expected to be operational during Q3 2016
- Floor area of over 23,500m2
- Fully automated express parcel sorting and processing system, capable of processing 14,000 shipments per hour, and up to 628 tonnes of cargo per day
- Support up to 5 times more flights in Singapore
Total cargo tonnage in 2015
Connected cities worldwide
Awards & Accolades
Million passengers in 2015
City links within SE Asia
Connected to all ASEAN countries