|1.2017||18 Jan 2017||Content update under "How we use your personal data"|
Collection of your personal data
We collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, including data which we collect from you directly.
When you access our platforms, we may also collect further information from your usage of the platforms, including your frequency of use, pages viewed, geo-location data, originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider, Cookies, IP addresses and type of browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to provide, as well as to improve our digital services, websites, various mobile applications and consumer programmes.
We may use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
To enable the efficient working of our websites
• Ease of use
To make navigation on our digital platforms (e.g. website, mobile applications) easier for you, including but not limited to:
a) Remembering your language, country selections, previous interactions/purchases and presenting relevant information;
b) Keeping track of your membership details when you have logged in
To gather statistics on how you navigate and transact on our websites, including but not limited to:
a) Gathering feedback on your satisfaction through a survey; and
b) Gaining insight into how you navigate and transact on our websites so that improvements can be made to its usability.
To enable us to deliver a more customized and enjoyable user experience to you, including but not limited to:
a) Allowing our websites to serve up different versions of a page for marketing purposes;
b) Allowing third parties to display appropriate advertising and to track its effectiveness; and
c) Displaying of relevant messages, which offer a selection of products based on your viewing behaviour on our websites and other selected websites.
Other purposes of data collection and use include:
• To help us identify you and any digital accounts you hold with us
• Customer service (e.g. responding to queries, requests, feedback and complaints)
• Statistical research and analytics (including statistical analysis)
• Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
• Fraud prevention and detection
• Billing and order fulfillment
• To notify you of any changes to our platforms or services which may affect you (e.g. programme policies, terms and conditions, platform updates and other administrative information)
• Security vetting
• To administer contest, sweepstakes or other similar promotions, including announcing the results of lucky draws promotions, contests, identifying and contacting the winners
• Such other purpose as may be specified in a data protection notice given to you at the time your data is collected
We may use the data you have provided us in any of the services and promotions offered by CAG. We will collect, combine and integrate this data collected from you across CAG, in order to offer you more tailored content and services. (Updated as of 18 Jan 2017)
We may share your personal data with our different departments and with third parties such as fulfillment houses and advertising agencies who assist us with our promotional, marketing and research activities. We impose obligations on any external organizations with which we share your personal data to maintain the integrity of that information.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data with to the following parties:
• Other companies within our group and/or any relevant party acting on our behalf
• Our marketing partners, business partners, authorized service providers
• Credit reference agents
• Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
• Our business partners
• Any relevant party
For the following purposes:
• Administering and conducting transactions for or in relation to Changi Rewards, iShopChangi or other relevant programmes
• Communicating and providing services, products and benefits to you, including promotions, offers, advertisements offered in relation to Changi Rewards, iShopChangi or other relevant programmes
• Conducting consumer and market related research for us to review, develop and/or improve products and services (including special offers and/or marketing plans)
• Meet the requirements of any applicable laws/regulations, enforceable governmental request or court order
Partnership with Adara and Sojern
We partner advertising networks - Adara (Adara.com) and Sojern (Sojern.com) - to capture non-personally identifiable data from you through third-party Cookies. This enables Adara and Sojern to display targeted and relevant messages from selected third-party websites, based on your viewing behavior on the our websites and other selected websites.
There are two ways for you to opt-out of Cookie use:
• By visiting http://adara.com/privacy-promise/opt-out and clicking ‘Submit’; or
• Through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, of which Adara is member. Each of these programmes provides an opt-out page where you can exercise control over members/’participants’ Cookies from a central location.
• By visiting http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/?affiliateId=111, checking the opt-out box and clicking ‘Submit Opt-outs’; or
• Through the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, of which Sojern is a member. This programme provides an opt-out page where you can exercise control over members/’participants’ Cookies from a central location.
• To opt-out of NAI members’ or DAA participants’ Cookies, visit:
Links to third party websites
Whilst we will protect your Customer Data on our websites, we cannot control or be responsible for the policies of other sites we may link to, or the use of any Customer Data you may share with them. We would recommend that you are apprised of their specific policies. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on the other websites you visit.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
• Access to your account is controlled by a password and username which are unique to you
• We store your personal data on secured servers in hashed data format
• Payment details are encrypted
• Your personal data will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know' principle.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of our platforms is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via these platforms.
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the legal or business purpose for which it was collected.
When destroying your personal data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically possible measures to make the personal information irrecoverable or irreproducible in accordance with the applicable laws.
We recommend that you check this page regularly for any updates.
How to contact us
We welcome your feedback and any questions that you may have.
In particular, you may contact us to request that we provide you with access to, or to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
You may also opt out of any of the terms of this Policy.
If you wish to contact us, you can send us an email at:
· ChangiAirport.com – email@example.com (Attention: Digital Marketing team)
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Changi Airport Group (Singapore) Pte Ltd, PO Box 168,
Singapore Changi Airport