Rules and Guidelines on the usage of Changi Airport Connector and its associated facilities
1. The Changi Airport Connector (the “Connector”) is a shared path provided by Changi Airport Group (Singapore) Pte Ltd (“CAG”) for the use and enjoyment of the general public. The following facilities are also provided to complement the use of the Connector (the “Facilities”): a) HUB & SPOKE Changi Airport which contains shower facilities and bicycle lockers (“HUB & SPOKE”); and b) the Changi Jurassic Mile. All persons utilizing the Connector and the Facilities (“you” or “Users”) are required to comply with these Rules and Guidelines. In utilising the Connector and the Facilities, you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Rules and Guidelines. These Rules and Guidelines are intended to supplement, and not replace, any specific terms and conditions that may be applicable for the usage of the Facilities which shall prevail in an event of inconsistency.
2. At all times, the use of the Connector and the Facilities are at the Users’ own risk.
3. The following transportation devices may be used by Users on the Connector:
a. Bicycles (includes both manual and power-assisted bicycles) but excluding those that exceed one (1) metre in width (e.g. quad or family bicycles, trishaws, rickshaws);
b. Motorised and non-motorised personal mobility devices (e.g. kick-scooters, electric scooters, hoverboards, rollerblade);
c. Personal mobility aids designed for individuals with walking difficulties (e.g. wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, mobility scooters); and
d. Motorised sweepers or electric buggies for operational purposes.
(collectively, the “Transportation Devices”)
4. Keep to the left of the Connector and be aware of other Users around.
5. Refrain from using mobile devices (e.g. mobile phone, tablets, smart watch) in a manner that will prevent you from detecting danger or obstacles (e.g. listening to music on headphones). If using a Transportation Device, do not hold a mobile communication device (e.g. mobile phone, tablet, smartwatch) and use its functions when using the Transportation Device.
6. Wear bright-coloured clothing when using the Connector during hours of darkness.
7. Leash your pets and clean up after your pets.
8. Smoking on the Connector is strictly prohibited. Users who wish to smoke may do so only at designated smoking corners (see here).
9. Flying of drones is strictly prohibited.
10. Do not cause alteration, damage or destruction to any property, tree or plant on and along the Connector.
11. Users who do not abide by these Rules and Guidelines may be asked to leave the Connector and/or the Facilities.
Usage of Transportation Devices on the Connector
12. Users shall ensure that their Transportation Devices and their usage of the Transportation Devices are compliant with prevailing laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Active Mobility Act 2017 and the Active Mobility Regulations 2018.
13. The maximum speed on the Connector at all times is 25 kilometres per hour.
14. All Users are to keep to their left on the Connector, and maintain a safe distance from other Users.
15. Between 7 pm and 7am the following the day, or whenever visibility and/or weather conditions are poor, Users are advised:
a. Not to ride a bicycle unless the bicycle displays (i) a white light that is clearly visible for a reasonable distance from the front of the bicycle; and (ii) a red light that is clearly visible (or a red reflector that is clearly visible when light is projected on it) for a reasonable distance from the back of the bicycle; and
b. Not to ride a personal mobility device unless the User wears or the personal mobility device displays (i) a white light that is clearly visible for a reasonable distance from the front of the device or User, as the case may be; and (ii) a red light that is clearly visible for a reasonable distance from the back of the device or User, as the case may be.
16. Users should not attempt to overtake others when there are incoming Users approaching from the opposite direction.
17. Users of Transportation Devices should use a bell or similar warning device to warn other Users of their approach and position when passing or overtaking such other Users.
18. Users should signal in advance before making any changes in direction.
19. Users of Transportation Devices are encouraged to wear the appropriate protective gears such as helmets.
Storage of Transportation Devices
20. Transportation Devices as listed in Clause 3a and 3b (if not in use) must be parked and securely locked at designated bicycle parking lots or bicycle lockers along the Connector (the “Designated Parking Locations”). Users may refer to Changiairport.com or the iChangi Mobile Application for
the Designated Parking Locations. CAG reserves the right to confiscate or impound any Transportation Devices left unattended at locations other than the Designated Parking Locations.
21. Transportation Devices that are parked and locked at the Designated Parking Locations, and are not used for a continuous period of 90 days, may be removed by CAG from the Designated Parking Locations. In such event, CAG shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may be caused to the Transportation Devices and/or the locks utilised by the Users.
22. CAG reserves the right to open and inspect lockers in the shower facility and bicycle lockers at HUB & SPOKE for security and operational reasons, even if they are occupied or rented by a User. Items left uncollected overnight (for lockers in the shower facility) or beyond the booked usage window (for bicycle lockers) may be removed by CAG.
Transport of Transportation Devices within the terminal buildings and public transport facilities
23. Only foldable (and folded) Transportation Devices shall be permitted to be pushed and carried within the terminal buildings, MRT stations and bus terminals. Wheels must be wrapped up if they are dirty or wet. Protruding parts (e.g. handle bars, bicycle pedals) likely to cause injury or damage property must be covered up or retracted.
24. Users intending to bring their foldable Transportation Devices on board public transport shall abide by the prevailing rules and guidelines published by LTA.
25. All other Transportation Devices (i.e. non-foldable) shall not be pushed or carried beyond the Changi Airport Connector and the Facilities (unless Users are exiting the Connector to the Changi Coastal Park Connector), and must be parked at the Designated Parking Locations.
Exclusion of Liability / Indemnity
26. CAG shall not be liable in any way in respect of the death of or personal injuries to any User arising in any way, including but not limited to the use the Connector. CAG shall also not be liable in any way for the loss of or damage to Users’ property on the Connector.
27. Users shall indemnify CAG from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, proceedings, liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses which CAG may suffer or incur arising out of or in connection with Users’ (a) breach of these Rules and Guidelines; (b) gross negligence; and (c) willful or fraudulent misconduct.